Once I was a little fool (now I'm already a big idiot), and I decided to glue the balloon, airy, which was inflated with superglue, in a word, when after these actions all the glue flies into your eye - not the most pleasant situation, but tears and clean running water solved my problem)
But I advise you to hide superglue from your children, especially if they play with inflated toys and like to fix toys (all children love it)
Finally, I can tell this moronic story to the world. And it was like: just moved into the apartment and therefore slept on an inflatable mattress. At one point, the mattress was close to the battery and broke against a sharp edge or seam. I couldn't easily lose the mattress and had to seal the gap. Blow it off - you can't blow it off so instantly, and even then it will not be clear where exactly the hole is. So I grabbed the glue-moment and the rubber gloves and generously stuck them on the wavka. The air from the well-inflated large mattress came out in a powerful jet, so that the glue ricocheted into my eye. The glue froze instantly (ho-ho) and there was a feeling that a speck had got into the eye. Noble such. It didn't hurt, I couldn't feel it or make it out. There was only discomfort, as if something was scratching the eye from the inside. This lump of glue went away after about a week. My poisonous tears have probably done their job.
At one time he worked in a model workshop, a drop of Cosmofen CA-12 super-glue sprung from the plastic part straight into the eye, the first sensation was a strong burning sensation, reflexively blinked, the eyelids, fortunately, did not stick together, I ran to rinse this case with a large amount of water. It hurt to blink, there was a feeling like something was scratching the eyelid from the inside, the eye was watering. I went to the ophthalmological clinic, the emergency department, sat out in line, told the doctor the situation, an anesthetic was buried in the eye, and then the most frightening thing was, that drop of glue was scraped off the surface of the eye, it didn't hurt, but the sensations were strange. They prescribed drops and an ointment, prescribed an appointment in two weeks, everything is in order with the eye, vision did not suffer.
This happened to a friend in the army. The doctors said it was very good that he pulled this glue out of his eye. Otherwise, everything could have ended much worse. Either I would go blind, or the eye correction had to be done. That's the way it is!
I had two funny stories with super glue.
First: at the institute, on assignment, it was necessary to glue a geometric composition. And since I like to postpone everything until the very last moment, then I, as always, did this task at 3 in the morning. Pretty tired, up to the elbow in scraps of paper, at some point took a paper knife in her mouth ... And the knife was covered in glue ... In general, my tongue stuck to my teeth. I had to tear it off with my hands. But a small piece of glue was on the tongue for a couple of days.
The second story is about how curiosity played a cruel joke on me. I decided to stick my nails on. Fool around. A drop of glue got into the eye. Thank God, very small. Like the Flashman, I ran to the sink. The pain is hellish, but everything worked out after a copious rinsing.
Oooh, finally my topic :)
Prehistory. A friend gave me a magnet from some city, but it broke. Hands did not reach to glue it. And so I get up in the morning in front of the school ( then I was in the 11th grade) and watched "Good morning" on the 1st channel under morning tea. And there the horoscope went. And it was said that Libra (I) had to fix something that day. Well, I remembered about the magnet Well, I poured super glue, and scratched my eyes with my hands. I start to blink them, but he doesn’t blink. It was until me that I got my hands dirty and at the same time glued my eyelids. My stress is terrible, my mother is trying not to get caught. the eye inside is burning. I took a knife and quietly began to make a hole between the eyelids. They soon peeled off, and the eyelashes were all covered with a white bloom (dried glue) and heavy. I picked out the glue from the eyelashes for a week, it fell on the notebooks for a week. :)
Once, in the morning, my mother mixed up the jars and dropped superglue into her eye. From her feelings: at first there was a very strong burning sensation, an attempt to open her eyes did not lead to success, since the eyelashes simply stuck together. She, of course, immediately ran to rinse her eyes with water and everything worked out, there was no deterioration in vision, but she had to endure pain from sticking the upper and lower eyelashes, but even they remained in place, and the superglue soon somehow washed off: )
I'll tell you a story about a couple of drops of superglue in my eye. It was in childhood, at 8-9 years old. Once I was walking with my friends near the house and found there a half-empty tube of Moment glue. I decided to have fun with a friend, dropping it on her dress, but she noticed and I started to run away. And then I made a fatal mistake - I didn't close the tube. When she ran after me, I waved my hands, one of them had glue, from which a few drops of the substance flew out. Once in the eye, I felt an unpleasant burning sensation in the lower part of the left eye. The glue froze instantly, luckily, I didn't close my eyes and the eyelids didn't stick together. It felt like a piece of wood was stuck in the skin under the eye. Okherev from what he saw, my mother already in the evening took me to the doctor. With some painless manipulations, the mission was completed - a centimeter piece of superglue was removed from the eye. Since that time, I have not come close to "Moment".
I accidentally sprayed myself once.
In such situations, at first it looks like it is in the eyes, then it stings like hell, then you call an ambulance absolutely blindly. The ambulance tells you on the phone to go to the injury. At three o'clock in the morning, you blindly call a taxi, you go to an injury. They yell at you that you didn't call an ambulance, they take out the frozen glue from your eyes. Signicef and Diklo-F are prescribed. You go home by taxi ... and lie at home for two weeks.
In fact, the solvent in the glue corrodes the eye. Then the glue hardens and scratches the eye.
A chemical burn, which is likely to end up with numerous operations and lifelong treatment with a very poor result. But this is if a lot was taken and did not immediately begin to wash, but in general it is a very bad prognosis
I will not tell you about superglue, but I can tell you about liquid for electronic cigarettes.
I was sitting in the car in the evening, at the entrance, waiting for a person. At some point, I began to look for eye drops in my bag and in the dark mixed up the bubbles.
I don't remember what exactly that taste was, but the pain was hellish, my eye reflexively closed and refused to open back. I suddenly realized my mistake, grabbed a bottle of water and began to convulsively pour water into my eye and face, and on the seat, I filled half of the car with water. There was one thought in my head: "Damn, the eye is finished."
When I calmed down a bit, I began to google "propylene glycol eye consequences" on my phone, staring at the screen with my only functioning eye. Surprisingly, I found information on my problem, and it was encouraging - they say, there is no reason to panic. And so it happened. After an hour and a half, I didn't even look much like a terminator, and the pain was almost gone.
However, I advise you to avoid it whenever possible.
Once, while working with cardboard, which I was gluing with super glue, the edge of the paper peeled back and the glue that was there splashed right into my eye. Feeling like something got there. I had to immediately go to the hospital, where they began to check on different devices and said that it was just a burn of the cornea, but I was very lucky, because if the drop got a little to the left, it would affect my vision, but it’s just as simple to drip the drops and everything will heal.
It was scary anyway.
This has happened to me. I'll tell you how it happened. I worked with Super-Moment glue. Accidentally dropping a little on a strip of paper, I did not notice this - and at one moment a drop of glue, springing, flew into my eye. Even the smell of cyanoacrylate watery eyes and nausea - and then right in the eye. I started to tear profusely, the eyelids reflexively closed with great force. At first I thought they would stick together, so I tried to counteract the reflex. Fortunately, the polymerization reaction proceeds quickly, and after a few seconds this danger was over. I immediately ran to the bathroom to rinse my eyes under running water. I did this for ten minutes, but nothing happened - the glue had dried on the eyelashes for a long time. After that, I went to the ambulance, explained. They gave me pain relievers - the pain subsided almost immediately (not for long, about an hour). Then they prescribed the same remedy, plus an antibiotic. The latter, by the way, is very unpleasant to drip - it stings. After a week, everything eventually disappeared. Answering your question briefly - there will be a chemical burn of the eye, depending on where exactly the glue gets and how much.