As a 12-year-old girl, one beautiful hot day I found a bottle of kvass in the car (such a brown one). Thirst tormented - it cost me nothing to empty the vessel in a matter of seconds. The realization that kvass is not kvass came a little late.
Oddly enough, there was no vomiting, only panic in relatives and an unpleasant taste in the mouth.
It was all about the pills and the bewildered look of the pharmacist.
There was a puny in our neighborhood - when I was 11-12 years old myself - who passionately loved to sniff gasoline, sitting on warm pipes. The guys they were frostbitten, as you understand, and among them was the most insatiable; he sniffed gasoline, drank gas from cans and injected naphthyzine into a vein (everyone called him Tsypa). His friends all came to their senses over time, but Tsypa himself did not change his lifestyle, and when I saw him for the last time, he was 20-22 years old, despite the fact that he looked at 14. His development simply stopped at a certain moment.
Sometimes, he flared up just like that, for no reason, and you could see him rushing at passers-by, yelling, hitting bottles ... He had no mind and will, he could easily say in the store: "I have this ... Nuuuuuu ..." - and just pulled this "U" until he was revived. Probably, now he is somewhere in prison, or died. All such people, whom I remember, disappear somewhere after 20. I suspect (you can correct me) that from gas and gasoline his corpus callosum between the hemispheres has thinned and he went off the rails, but this is just my theory.
An excerpt from Yuri Nikulin's book "Almost Seriously":
I met one of the representatives of the "man-fountain" genre a little later, when this kind of numbers were banned and this man was forced to retire. the good age allowed him. I will call him Kuzmin. He told me that this genre is difficult. Kuzmin himself studied in the twenties with a visiting foreigner. Gastric stretching training is excruciating and painful and should be started when you are young. The artist does not eat for several hours before the performance. The stomach should be completely empty by the time of the performance. Usually Kuzmin ate only late at night. He ate a lot and, as he said, never felt full.
Kuzmin told me that during the war he took advantage of his genre. In the morning I went to the market, approached the rows where the carts of speculators with bottles of kerosene stood, and loudly, so that others could hear, asked the first uncle who came across:
And I knew for sure that the answer would follow:
After that Kuzmin asked to pour him a liter jar and drank kerosene, for which people paid a lot of money. Everyone around froze.
No, not very strong, - Kuzmin said and, wiping his mouth with a handkerchief, was going to leave.
Try me, me! - shouted from the wagons.
Having drunk four liters, the artist quietly left. And from the wagons they shouted with delight and did not make any claims for the kerosene drunk for free. And no one knew that not far behind the fence was Kuzmin's wife with a bottle and a funnel. Kerosene from the artist's stomach was pumped into a bottle. And then it was sold. With the money raised, Kuzmin bought bread, butter, milk.
My grandfather once in his youth tried to drain gas from the tank, did not calculate, and swallowed some portion (reflexively). He damaged the digestive system, and since then he has not been able to eat much. Probably would not have survived if a larger amount got inside.
I haven't tried it myself, but I can definitely confirm it, as I observed it myself: in one case it ended in profuse vomiting, in the other - 2 weeks in the hospital with icteric eyes and general malaise. To some extent this is individual, but it is better not to try. You must also understand that gasoline is different. The first case - the Soviet leaded gasoline, which immediately caused vomiting, in the other - modern gasoline: a person swallowed a little and it seemed like nothing, and only then it ended in a hospital. kerosene or diesel fuel (diesel fuel) and nothing, and even considering that he does not swallow, a little gets into the body anyway.
I once accidentally took such a sip of gasoline, as I was not very experienced in pouring it. I didn't seem to feel anything, no symptoms - just the taste of belching with the taste of gasoline and the same in my mouth. No big deal in short.
It happened that when fiddling with a car / motorcycle, a sip or two was accidentally swallowed. It is very similar to alcohol intoxication, the taste of gasoline also lasts for a very long time, neither abundant drinking nor food helps.
Literally a couple of tablespoons of drunk gasoline can spit blood. (according to the stories of those who drain at night)
I am not a doctor, I suppose it corrodes the soft layers of the larynx and bleeds from there.
Even inhalation of gasoline vapors causes symptoms of alcohol intoxication or acute or chronic poisoning: mental agitation, euphoria, dizziness, nausea, weakness, vomiting, skin redness, increased heart rate, hallucinations, fainting, convulsions, fever, depression of the central nervous system are provided depending on the concentration of vapors. I repeat, vapors. Liquid not drunk.
Ingestion of gasoline instantly leads to profuse recurrent vomiting, headache, abdominal pain, loose stools and all the symptoms described in the first paragraph. Depending on the dose, it is possible to enlarge the liver and yellowness of the sclera (normal white element of the eyes) or even death.