If the snake is poisonous, then the body is weakened, the arms and legs become numb. The bite site hurts, swells. Nausea, confusion, drowsiness. The skin turns pale or turns purple.
The doctor of the international organization "Doctors Without Borders" answers Maria Durasevich:
Not every bite ends with the ingress of poison into the body. More than 50% of snake bites are called dry precisely because intoxication does not occur. If the poison does get into the body, the level of intoxication depends on the type of snake, the amount of poison, the place of the bite (bites on the head and neck are the most dangerous), the weight of the person, as well as his general health and age. So, for children, bites are always more dangerous than for adults. If you know the type of snake that bit you, be sure to inform the doctor about it during the examination! You need to contact him as soon as possible.
Immediately after the bite, you can see the marks of the snake's fangs and feel pain in this place. If you have only these symptoms, it is recommended:
- strict rest regimen;
- immobilization of the limb with a splint to stop the spread of poison;
- wound treatment;
- prophylactic tetanus vaccination;
- monitoring the onset of symptoms of intoxication, so that in case of anaphylactic shock, the patient can be quickly taken to the hospital. That is why you should not leave, for example, far out of town.