I advise you to try f.lux.
The program changes the color profile of the monitor, depending on the time of day. At night, eyes are less tired from warm color tones (3400 K), during the day - from cold (6500 K), which are more consistent with daylight.
The most effective way, of course, is to exclude all monitors from your life, to read books in daylight, at a table and with correct posture. But this is impossible.
First, it is worthwhile to figure out what harmful effects of monitors are we dealing with?
In my opinion, the main share of the negative impact from prolonged work with a phone, computer, tablet is in violation of accommodation (this is the ability to see equidistant objects of a lonely person well), which ultimately leads to the development of myopia, hyperopia.
Why do eyes get tired of working with the monitor?
1) Human eye comfortably perceives reflected light, for example, the reflection of text on a page from one light source - the sun.
A monitor is a set of light sources (pixels), and forming a picture from them is hard work for the eyes.
2) It should be noted that for the eyes, work at a close distance (for example, at a computer) is difficult, especially for a long time.
This is due to the fact that when examining objects in the distance, the ciliary muscles the eyes (which are responsible for the process of accommodation) are relaxed s. At the same time, when working at close range, the ciliary muscles are in a state of tension. In this regard, long-term work at a close distance (with a computer, telephone, etc.) leads to spasm, habitually excessive stress of accommodation.
How to protect eyesight from the influence of the monitor?
1) You should not save on a monitor (computer, phone, etc.), you should be comfortable working on it at any distance from it, the image quality depends on how long and safe you can sit at a computer, tablet, without straining your eyes to see any details on the monitor.
2) Ambient lighting should be adequate, especially at night. You should not allow situations when you are trying to type text on the keyboard using the lighting from the computer screen. Also, make sure that the light source does not blind you, for example, the lamp is not directed at your face, do not place the monitor opposite the window so that the sun does not shine into your eyes during operation.
3) Remember about simple rules: do not sit close to the screen, the monitor should be placed approximately at arm's length. You should work at a table, not lying down, not in a moving vehicle, observe your posture, remember sitting - the greatest load on your spine.
4) Dose visual work at close range, take breaks as often as possible, change your character activity.
Remember about sports, physical activity is a good way to relieve the visual apparatus from working close, plus physical activity improves blood circulation, oxygen supply to the eye.
5) It is worth noting, though computer manufacturers , tablets, phones are trying in every possible way to reduce the negative impact, however, the light coming from the monitors has only a negative effect on the retina. To protect the mesh, we recommendIn your diet, pay special attention to foods containing: vitamin A, lutein and zeaxanthin (These are mainly vegetables, fruits, berries and herbs).
6) Computer and polarizing glasses are not a solution to the problem. They have certain coatings that protect against glare, reduce the flow of light from the blue-violet spectrum, which is difficult for the eye to perceive. This adds comfort, you will feel less tired, but you still work excessively at close range and glasses, alas, will not save you from a spasm of accommodation or habitually excessive tension. Also, computer glasses are not suitable for people who work with graphics, since the flow of the blue-violet spectrum of light is limited, and the image will turn yellow.
7) If you have diseases of the organ of vision, you need to consult an ophthalmologist, and if possible, correction of visual impairments.