Agree with the previous answers, but I want to add. We eat using cutlery, spoons, forks, and if we don’t wash our hands once, then nothing terrible will happen.
I am currently using chlorhexidine.
It is a cheap, good odorless antiseptic that does not irritate the skin.
I just pour a little on my hands, distribute it evenly, dries for a minute or two. I just carry a 100 ml bottle with me, it lasts for a long time and is convenient.
Works better than many of the advertised antibacterial gels.
Go to the answer above. Bacteria cannot become immune to antibacterial agents. At least because of the frequent use of these funds. Antibacteriality is achieved by the addition of ethyl alcohol or other compounds that penetrate the microbial cell and enter into chemical reactions with proteins, which leads to their denaturation and cell death. Denaturation is the loss of a protein of its natural structure and properties as a result of external factors. An example of denaturation is boiling an egg when the white becomes thick and opaque.
Therefore, hand sanitizers are quite effective. There is a downside, like dry skin, irritation, allergies from their use, but everything is individual here.
Contrary to popular belief, bacteria are far from the most dangerous (if any) inhabitants of dirty hands and fingers. There is such a concept "normal skin microflora", which, suddenly, should not be artificially destroyed for a long time. This microflora includes more than two dozen species of microorganisms and even arthropods (for example, the demodex mite, which lives in the pores of the skin, the norm is 1-2 pcs per square centimeter, a typical analysis in HPC).
Follows also recall that normally 99% of the body's surfaces in contact with the external environment are in one way or another in varying degrees inhabited by bacteria (normally, again, only the ducts of the kidneys and the beginning of the urethra are free of bacteria - it washes away).
Now we remember together how many times a day we wash our hands. 5-6? Maximum 10. We touch the face, for example, several times a minute. In general, hand-to-mouth contamination of bacteria occurs MUCH more often than the average person washes their hands. Are you dead yet? Strange, bacteria!
The body independently copes with a large number of organisms that have fallen into the internal environment (digestive tract, acidic environment, alkaline environment, proteases, etc., and this is BEFORE the immune response, for which bacteria or its parts need to get at least inside the mucous membrane, not to mention the blood).
Little friends - parasites - pose a big danger. Both microscopic and caliber "three times around the leg through the belt into the boots." Helminth eggs and spores. They are obtained most often by contact with outdoor soil or animals (including domestic ones, often outdoors).
Mechanical cleansing of the surface of the hands from visible accumulations of dirt protects from parasites (a decent part of helminth eggs are visible to the eye ) or temporary isolation of a dirty surface (gloves, napkins, a plastic bag, clean hands of a neighbor, cutlery).
In the absence of soap, solutions of alcohol, acid (vinegar), alkali (soda, ineffective) are also suitable, juices of sour fruits, infusions of needles along with the needles themselves, pieces of sphagnum, diluted tar, cool salt solution, etc.
Taking this opportunity, I would like to convey a special hello to people who bite their nails!
I do not advise using antibacterial agents for hands on an ongoing basis, since bacteria will develop immunity to them. I think you should just carry your regular wet wipes with you. Or in isolated cases, do not wash your hands at all. It may sound crazy, but we still have a pretty powerful immune system, plus we usually eat with a fork or spoon.
There are also antibacterial wet wipes or antibacterial hand gel that is sold in any pharmacy and in any supermarket. Buy and carry with you. If you are in town, you can buy a bottle of drinking water at worst.