Good afternoon. In order to get the correct result with gastroscopy, it is important to follow a special diet, which is best started two days before visiting the clinic. Fatty, spicy, fried and smoked foods should be excluded from your diet. Sweets and a variety of pastries should also not be eaten during this period of time.
If we talk about food that should be included for this period, then these include: cereals, lean meat, lean fish, dairy products.
The day before the procedure, you should eat before ten in the evening. More detailed instructions on how to prepare for gastroscopy, incl. depending on the time of its passage (in the afternoon or in the second half), you can read here: How to properly prepare for gastroscopy.
1) The study of EGD is carried out on an empty stomach (recommended 12 hours of fasting before the procedure, at least 8 hours).
2) There is no special diet before the procedure. It is recommended not to eat heavy foods (fried, fatty, spicy), bloating products (cabbage, legumes, etc.) in the evening before the procedure.
3) It is advisable not to smoke at least 2 hours before EGD. Since smoking provokes the formation of gastric juice and can intensify the discomfort.
4) If the patient needs to take medications, this can be done no later than 4 hours before the procedure with a little water. You must inform the endoscopist about taking the drug.
5) You can brush your teeth no later than 2 hours before the procedure.
More information about the EGD procedure and preparation for it can be found here https: //www.medprosvet.spb.ru/service/fgds