Unfortunately, smoking has become a part of the lives of many people, an addiction. Many articles have been written about the dangers of smoking.
But you hardly thought that with prolonged smoking, certain external signs appear.
Nicotine and cigarette tar have a detrimental effect on the body, accumulate in the skin and nails, therefore, a yellow tint of the skin of the index and middle fingers and nails is characteristic. In addition, the skin loses its elasticity, early aging of the skin is observed and the skin becomes dry, elasticity is lost, wrinkles like "crow's feet" appear under the eyes. Smoke puffs cause hollow cheeks.
Of course, there is a nicotine smell that can be caught when talking.
Signs are individual, nevertheless, common ones can be distinguished.
1) yellowness on the index and middle fingers of one of the hands;
2) small finger movements similar to shaking off ash;
3) a look at a person who smokes at a time when the suspected smoker is unable to smoke. The longed-for look. The sight of a person smoking nearby can make him sigh / swallow saliva with a fleeting expression on his face expressing regret that he cannot smoke now himself.
4) how he extinguishes a match, if he does not blow it out, but waves it so that the air stream extinguishes it (with a cigarette in his teeth, the match cannot be extinguished by exhaling on it);
5) plaque on the back of the teeth, it can be seen if you approach the lying person from the side of the head and talk to him. When he opens his mouth to respond, plaque will be visible on the back of the teeth of the lower jaw;
6) constant chewing of gum.
7) the constant desire to take something and twirl it in your hands / massage your fingers.
8) early in comparison with other shortness of breath when playing sports.
9) dehydrated skin.
10) shirt / hair cuff smell.
11) poor sense of smell.
It is impossible to determine a smoking person only by external signs of the environment of people unfamiliar to you, unless, of course, he has just smoked a couple of cigarettes. But with unobtrusive communication, you will definitely notice something, for example: disappearing from the workplace for a short time, smell from clothes or hands, increased anxiety if a person spent several hours with you without leaving anywhere. Any addiction, including nicotine addiction, is necessarily manifested, but in relations with unfamiliar people, observation is necessary, and it comes only with experience. If we are talking about close people, then not to notice nicotine addiction (if it already exists) is self-deception.
First of all, the stench. If not from clothes and hair, then from the mouth for sure. Tobacco fumes cannot be confused with anything. Everything else is rather intuitive: small movements, glances, facial expressions, very little, but different from those of nonsmokers. It is another matter if he did not smoke longer than usual. Then it is simpler: nervousness, twitching, small obsessive movements, distraction, striving for somewhere to nowhere, one way or another, but this will manifest itself all the more, the longer a person smokes and the more often he is used to doing it. But again, everything except smell requires the experience of observation and communication with smokers and non-smokers, then this will be possible.