Have you wondered how to make hummus without a blender? There are many reasons one might not use a blender, such as a health-conscious individual who prefers to make their own food without a blender. Or simply, if you are someone who doesn’t have a blender at hand? Fear not, because making hummus without a blender is possible and just as easy. In fact, making hummus on the stovetop is a traditional method that has been used for generations. In this article, we will guide you through an easy stovetop method on how to make hummus without a blender. So, let’s get started!
How to Make Hummus Without a Blender: Easy Stovetop MethodCourse: Lunch, SnacksCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
1 can of chickpeas or 1 cup of dried chickpeas (soaked overnight and cooked until tender)
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons of tahini
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon of cumin (optional)
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander. If using dried chickpeas, soak them overnight and cook them until tender.
- In a large saucepan, add the chickpeas, minced garlic, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cumin (if using). Stir well to combine.
- Heat the saucepan over medium heat and cook the mixture for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. The goal is to warm up the ingredients and infuse the flavours together.
- Once the mixture is heated through, remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Using a potato masher or a fork, mash the mixture until it reaches your desired consistency. Is the hummus too thick? You can add a tablespoon of water at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Serve the hummus immediately or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How to Make Hummus Without a Blender – Its Easy!
Making hummus without a blender is easy and requires simple ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen. With this stovetop method, you can enjoy homemade hummus in no time. The best part is that you can adjust the recipe to your liking by adding more or less of the ingredients, like garlic or lemon juice, to achieve your preferred taste. So, next time you’re craving hummus and don’t have a blender, give this stovetop method a try and impress your taste buds and guests!
How long does it take to make hummus without a blender?
Making hummus without a blender is easy and can be done in just under 10 minutes. If you are health-conscious and prefer to make your own food without a blender, then this recipe is perfect for you.
Our homemade hummus without a blender is ready to be enjoyed with crackers, veggies, or pita bread. This recipe is not only delicious, but it’s also healthy and full of nutrients. Plus, making your hummus from scratch allows you to control the ingredients. This helps avoid any additives or preservatives commonly found in store-bought hummus.
Making hummus without a blender is a great option for those who don’t want to invest in a blender. It is also good if you simply prefer a chunkier texture. It’s also a quick and easy way to whip up a batch of hummus without any fuss. With just a few simple ingredients and some elbow grease, you can have a delicious and nutritious dip that is perfect for snacking or entertaining.
Looking for other vegan-friendly recipes? Have a look at our recipes here.