Cauliflower steaks air fryer-friendly recipe. Cauliflower steaks are a versatile and delicious dish that can be enjoyed by vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. One of the easiest and healthiest ways to prepare this dish is by using an air fryer. Air fryers allow you to cook your cauliflower steaks quickly and without the need for added oils or fats. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make cauliflower steaks in an air fryer, providing you with a simple and healthy recipe that’s perfect for busy home cooks.
Cauliflower Steaks Air Fryer: A Simple and Healthy RecipeCourse: Lunch, Dinner, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
1 head of cauliflower
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F.
- Cut the cauliflower into 1-inch slices, making sure to keep the core intact so that each slice holds together.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Brush each cauliflower steak with the spice mixture, making sure to cover both sides.
- Place the cauliflower steaks in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not overlapping.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through until the cauliflower is tender and golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Using an air fryer to prepare cauliflower steaks is not only easy and convenient, but it also results in a healthy and delicious meal. By cooking without added oils or fats, the cauliflower retains all its nutrients, making it a great option for those looking to incorporate more vegetables into their diet. Plus, the spices used in this recipe add an extra layer of flavor that will leave your taste buds wanting more. Give this recipe a try, and enjoy a tasty and healthy meal in no time!
What spices should I add to cauliflower steaks in the air fryer?
If you’re looking to add some flavor to your cauliflower steaks in the air fryer, there are a number of spices that can do the trick. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Garlic powder: A classic seasoning that adds a savory, slightly sweet flavor to your cauliflower steaks. You can go heavy or light depending on your preference.
2. Smoked paprika: This spice adds a smoky, slightly sweet flavor to your cauliflower steaks. Use it sparingly as it can be quite potent.
3. Cumin: A warm, earthy spice that complements the nutty flavor of cauliflower. Use it sparingly as cumin can be quite strong.
4. Turmeric: A bright yellow spice that adds a warm, slightly bitter flavor to your cauliflower steaks. Turmeric is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
5. Italian seasoning: A blend of dried herbs like basil, oregano, and thyme that adds a savoury, herbaceous flavour to your cauliflower steaks.
6. Curry powder: A blend of spices that includes cumin, coriander, turmeric, and other warm spices. This seasoning adds a complex, slightly spicy flavour to your cauliflower steaks.
Whichever spices you choose, be sure to toss your cauliflower steaks in a bit of oil before seasoning to ensure they get crispy and golden brown in the air fryer. Happy cooking!
What type of oil should I use when air-frying cauliflower steaks?
Air-frying has become increasingly popular among home cooks due to its health benefits and convenience. When it comes to air-frying cauliflower steaks, choosing the right oil is crucial for achieving that perfect texture and flavor. In this article, we will guide you on the best oil to use when air-frying cauliflower steaks.
The ideal oil to use when air-frying cauliflower steaks is an oil with a high smoke point. A smoke point is the temperature at which an oil starts to smoke and break down. Using an oil with a low smoke point can lead to a burnt taste in your food and produce harmful chemicals.
Our top pick for air-frying cauliflower steaks is avocado oil. Avocado oil has a high smoke point of 520°F, making it perfect for high-heat cooking methods such as air-frying. It also has a neutral taste that won’t overpower the natural flavor of the cauliflower.
Other oils with high smoke points that can be used for air-frying cauliflower steaks include vegetable oil, peanut oil, and canola oil. However, it’s important to note that these oils may contain trans fats and other harmful chemicals, so it’s best to use them in moderation.
To air-fry your cauliflower steaks, lightly brush them with your chosen oil and place them in the air fryer basket. Cook them at 375°F for 12-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. The result should be tender and crispy cauliflower steaks.
Do I need to preheat the air fryer before I cook cauliflower steaks?
Yes, you should preheat your air fryer before cooking cauliflower steaks. Preheating will ensure that your air fryer is at the right temperature and will help cook the cauliflower evenly.